There is a systematic procedure attached to the employees’ provident fund. There are forms available online which can be downloaded and submitted to the EPFo, online forms which show details on the internet and manual forms which are available at the EPFo which can be filled and submitted for every procedure. Since State governments and EPFo’s are given the authority to manage the day to day activities of the EPF, it is their discretion to define the procedure for verifying the EPF status. The following are the 2 options for verifying the EPF status:
- EPF status online
- EPF status enquiry
- EPF status offline
EPF Status Online
EPF status enquiry can be done online to check the EPF status online. Irrespective of the EPFo where the account is held, the member can check the status of the EPF by entering certain mandatory information in the online form. The following is the procedure to complete the EPF status enquiry form:
- log on tohttp://www.EPFIndia.com/ClaimStatus_New.html which is the official page for EPF status enquiry of EPFi.
- select the EPF Office (EPFo) from where the claim needs to be settled
- the mandatory region code and office code are populated
- enter the establishment code in the 3rd box – maximum 7 digits
- enter the extension establishment code if any in the next field
- enter the account number – maximum 7 digits
- click on submit to get the status
EPF status enquiry feature is available in the respective state EPFo websites as well though all the stare websites do not have the EPF status enquiry feature online, a few larger state run EPFo’s have online forms to check EPF status.
EPF Status Offline
The EPF status enquiry at the EPFo is an offline procedure which is done by visiting the EPFo i.e. regional, sub-regional office where the EPF account is maintained. The reference/application number needs to be mentioned at the EPFo for verifying the status of the EPF.
The EPF can be transferred from an exempted provident fund to an non exempted provident fun and vice versa by filling up the form Form-13 available online on http://www.EPFIndia.com/downloads_forms.htm. The form 13 is for effect transfer of Provident Fund/Pension from one A/C to another
Withdrawal of EPF
The EPF can we withdrawn in the following circumstances:
- attained the age of 55
- leaving service
- avail advances / withdrawals as provided in the scheme
For the points 1-4, form no.19 needs to be completed and submitted at the EPFo where tha account is maintained and for point 5 where the member avails advances/withdrawals as mentioned in the scheme, form 31 along with the declaration needs to be submitted to the respective EPFo where the account is maintained.
Both the forms can be downloaded from http://www.EPFIndia.com/downloads_forms.htm
Once the withdrawal request is submitted, the status of EPF withdrawal request can be done online or offline.
The following is the procedure to find the status of EPF withdrawal request online:
- Log on tohttp://www.EPFIndia.com/ClaimStatus_New.html which is the official page for EPF status enquiry of EPFi.
- Select the EPF Office (EPFo) from where the claim needs to be settled
- The mandatory region code and office code are populated
- Enter the establishment code in the 3rd box – maximum 7 digits
- Enter the extension establishment code if any in the next field
- Enter the account number – maximum 7 digits
- Click on submit to get the status
- One has to approach the EPFo with the copy of applications to check status of EPF withdrawal request.